The Account Director seeks, always, for the business to excel by building client relationships, managing stand-out campaigns, ensuring operational efficiency, supporting team development, and winning new business.
Job Title: Account Director
Location: London (Hybrid – min. 3 days in office, 2 days remote)
Hours: Full-time, 09:30 – 18:00 (with 17:00 finish where possible as a benefit)
Reporting to: Business Director, Managing Director
Overseeing: Account Managers, Account Executives, Project Managers
Other Key Relationships: Clients, Suppliers, Senior Management Team
Why we’re here
Experience12 are a specialist pop culture experiential and events agency. We work with film, TV, video game and non-endemic brands to produce marketing campaigns that deliver on creative, execution and client KPIs.
Why you’re here
The Account Director will lead our Client Services team, providing best-in-class client services and acting as a trusted advisor to our clients. They will take responsibility for the delivery of quality work that meets the client’s expectations and delivers on their KPIs, doing so through outstanding relationship building, communication, effective team management and their ability to coordinate third party suppliers.
They will grow and develop client accounts through upselling and cross-selling, be instrumental in creative ideation and pitching and will proactively seek new business opportunities.
What you’re here to do
- Strong understanding of experiential marketing and live events, with knowledge of campaign integration and amplification with other services including influencer marketing, social and OOH.
- Accountable for the delivery of client campaigns by working directly on, or overseeing Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Liaises with the Production team to ensure campaigns are delivered on time and on budget.
- Defines key milestones and timelines to implementing a client brief, ensuring deadlines are communicated and met.
- Manages client expectations with regard to creative, timings and budgets.
- Owns the profitability and cash flow of campaigns, ensuring margins are met and negotiating payment terms with clients.
- Evaluates the success of campaigns against any client KPIs and internal objectives, and leads on client reporting, feedback and searching for the next opportunity.
- Committed to offering best-in-class client services and ensures repeat clients and new clients have a great experience dealing with the agency.
- Manages multiple key client relationships
- Takes ownership of pitches, ensuring the creative meets the brief. Demonstrates passion for outstanding creative.
- Understands a client’s business and their personal and professional objectives to leverage campaign results
- Applies writing and design skills to craft internal and client correspondence, pitches and documents.
- Encourages creativity and the conception of award-winning campaigns through creative ideation sessions, pitch processes and strategy development.
- Demonstrates to clients the commercial impact and value of their activity, by thoroughly evaluating campaigns and actively promoting results.
- Provides strategic advice to clients on trends in their market that affect them
- Understands all roles across the agency and regularly shares knowledge across creative, account management and production.
- A capable leader who champions a positive team environment that facilitates mutual respect, collaboration and quality and instills the agency’s values in the team.
- Hosts monthly check-ins with the team and provides regular feedback both up and down
- Committed to ongoing team development, overseeing bi-annual appraisals to identify strengths, weaknesses, and SMART objectives.
- Calm under pressure, supports the team and empowers them with troubleshooting strategies
- Drives a culture that supports the attraction, retention and development of highly motivated and capable employees
- Diligent in assessing the need for additional resource, identifies gaps in team capabilities and recommends solutions
- Proactively and positively raises issues regarding agency process, resource or approaches and collaborates with Management to find a solution.
- A role model to colleagues at all levels through consistent professionalism in interactions with others and the standards of work you produce.
- A vocal advocate within the agency for training and development and actively develops the skills of those who work for you.
- Develops and grows existing client relationships to further billing and profitability
- Proactively seeks, develops and converts new business opportunities
Bring energy to meetings and the workplace
Start discussions from a place of positivity
Find moments to support each other in business and personally
Drive for Output
Strive for efficiency and prioritise time
Be proactive in seeking work
Offer solutions to other’s challenges
Take pride and ownership in work
Own mistakes and learn from them
Push yourself, don’t wait for others to push you
Take on new challenges to drive professional growth
Self-reflect on areas of improvement
Embrace and act on feedback
Communicate and Collaborate
Be open and accessible to teammates
Ask questions – the answer is in the room
Work together to a shared vision
To apply, send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org